How to decorate a kitchen in 6 steps.
How to decorate a kitchen in 6 steps. At Mobile Diseño we know that decorating a kitchen is not an easy task, especially if we think that it is one of the most important places in the house where the family gathers and not only to cook, but also to share moments, laughs, tasks, etc. For this reason, it is very important that the kitchen adapts completely to our needs.
At Mobile Diseño we want to help you and that is why we show you how to guide you in the decoration and assembly of a kitchen in six steps.
- 1. The dimensions are important when choosing the type of kitchen, as it must adapt to the space we have and there must be space left for electrical appliances, work area and storage
- 2. Think about what you want to do in that kitchen, that is, if you want .it just for cooking, or if you prefer it to be a space for family gatherings or, for example, if you want the washing machine to be in the kitchen as well. If you choose the latter option, you should always try to place the water area close by, which is why we recommend placing the washing machine on one side of the sink and the dishwasher on the other, always placing integration doors for both appliances to achieve a completely uniform colour combination.
- 3. Optimise the space in the kitchen by making it comfortable to use, leaving the central space of the kitchen free. Also bear in mind that there should not be too much space between the work area, electrical appliances and the storage area so that you do not have to move around too much from one area to another.
- 4. The kitchen cladding is key when it comes to creating the ambience. On many occasions it is necessary to play with contrasts. If you want your furniture to be the protagonist, opt for light-coloured floors and walls; if, on the other hand, you do not want the furniture to stand out, add colour to the walls or floors. You can also play with the use of two colours in the kitchen finishes. For example, using darker earth colours in the lower part and lighter colours in the upper part, always combined with a light worktop.
- 5. There are many styles when it comes to decorating the kitchen: minimalist, rustic, classic, with vibrant colours, etc. Choose the one you like best, also taking into account the style of your home. If your kitchen is open and connected to the living room, perhaps the perfect thing would be to use colours and materials that match or complement your living room so that you don’t find too much contrast.
- 6. If you don’t want to feel overwhelmed when cooking, it is better to have everything tidy and organised. For this reason, it is necessary to have storage spaces or modules in the free spaces of the kitchen or inside the furniture.
Within this point, it is worth emphasising the use of cutlery trays made of wood or living materials rather than plastic or oil for those drawers in which we will keep the cutlery.
Many kitchens do not have enough sockets to use small electrical appliances that are so necessary when cooking on a daily basis, such as a blender, toaster or juicer. If this is your case, at Mobile Diseño we can help you with the installation of sockets with the installation of under-furniture sockets.